Monday, January 10, 2011

Return to Zen

Friday I had an appointment with a dermatologist to have my bump checked out. I anticipated her taking a biopsy immediately and sending it out for evaluation before deciding what to do.

What she did do, instead, was schedule me for surgery this Friday. While she can't tell me exactly what it is (until tests are run) she wants to remove the entire mass that's above the surface and send it for a biopsy and then possibly go back in and remove any cancer after the results are back.

This is good news, either way, the damn bump is going to be gone.

She did promise me a small scar. Boo.

Oddly enough, Thursday night before my first appointment I returned to a state of utter zen about the whole thing. No big deal. It's almost as if I was never worried or freaking out. It's nice to be back to myself. And, the fact of the matter is, there is nothing I can do about it, but what I'm doing, and any amount of worry isn't going to change the facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home