Thursday, November 21, 2013

Destinations Weddings

It appears that I've hit the stage in life where my friends all start getting married. I thought I hit that stage while in University, but it turns out when you hang out with single people the glorious cycle repeats itself.

So, now, another set of friends are engaged, and I'm thrilled for them.

In discussing venues they've decided to opt for a destination wedding in a place I'm totally excited to visit: Glacier National Park. The fun thing here is I was trying to fit in a trip to Glacier summer 2013, but life got in the way and I wasn't able to make it happen, so I decided to post-pone it to 2014. Now I don't have to figure out how to fit it in, I'll just go backpacking after the wedding. Yay for that!

Now, for the 'but' (because isn't there always). They're active and seem to like nature enough, but they're not super-duper-crunchy-granola-tree-hugger-outdoors people. Last year when our other friends were getting married I expressed the desire to get married in Yosemite, and, now, here we are, they're getting married in a national park. And, I know I don't have dibs on getting married in the outdoors, and I know I don't have dibs on national parks, and I certainly don't have dibs on a national park that I have never been to, but I still feel a little (admittedly irrationally) like they 'stole' my wedding venue.

Which is even more ridiculous when you consider how amazingly impressively decidedly single I am.

So, yeah, there we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home