Thursday, December 09, 2004

Conspiracy Theory

Well, here I sit in my over priced hotel room n Seattle! Yes, that Seattle. I arrived this morning, and discovered the Credit Card Conspiracy. You haven't heard of it? Let me esplain it to you. Here it is: No one, but no one will give you cash back on a credit card, unless it is your bank card. Nor will they cash an out-of-state cheque. And, every parking garage in the greater Seattle-area takes only cash, Visa or MasterCard. Trust me on this one.

So, here is my advice for all you travelers out there: Don't lose your bank card three days before you leave the state (or, have another Visa card). And, if you do, make sure you either (1) have a nation-wide bank, or (2) Stop by your bank before closing the day before you leave and take cash out. The above suggestions are the result of numerous hours of extensive research (4, to be precise). Oh, and avoid those cheque cashing places, they are creepy, and practically make you sign over your first born child (and still act like they are doing you some HUGE favour!).

Luckily, for me, I have an account that goes largely unused at some big name bank. They were kind enough to cash my cheque for me, once I remembered that I had an account there, and found one.

Oh, one last word of caution -- if you want to do baptisms at the Seattle temple, make sure you schedule it. Apparently, dropping in is something that is only done in Provo.

Oh, and don't forget: Tomorrow is my Big Day! I can't believe it's already here! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home