Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Brown Sauce -- What The???

So, my favourite englishman sent me a bottle of Brown Sauce and a 5 Euro note for my birthday. The 5 euros were a joke, since I told him I wanted one Meeelion dollars, and that was all he had to spare. But, let's get back to the Brown Sauce. It smells super vinegary, and tastes almost like someone added too much malt vinegar to their ketchup. But, a titch more bitter. My roommate declared it tasted akin to Worcestershire Sauce. Never one to let a condiment go to waste with out at least giving it the benefit of the doubt, I set out to give it a go-for.

My first test of taste was on a baked potato. Not too shabby.

Test number two was on mashed potatoes. I'm not sure I'm going to repeat that one.

I think eggs are next.

After all of this, however, I'm not sure it could ever fully replace Worcestershire sauce, for one, it's way too thick; and for another, though I love Worcestershire sauce I swore off it once I discovered it is made with anchovies. Sick! (So here's hoping it comes in a close second.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home