Sunday, February 13, 2005

My Evil Plot

Grr! I was just glancing through my blog when I noticed that this entry was decidedly shorter than what I wrote last night. Thus, I have to re-finish it. I'm sorry the end was so confusing. I have no idea what happened. Sadness.

So, the interviewing I did with BigNameCompany was not, as I noted, done because I, necessarily, have any desire to work there. No, rather it was done in a rather systematic way, for a very distinct purpose. See, I love my job that I currently have, and I'm the only person who can do what I do. I know it, and my department knows it. We also all know that I am leaving in June to go work for SuperStores. They have finally commenced in worrying about what happens when I leave. At one point, however, my boss asked me if they were to offer me a full-time job, would I take it? I told him that if they offered me more than SuperStores, then I would consider it. That being said, I have heard nothing of promise. But, I do know that it is an option that they did consider at one point.

Here's where the interview with BigNameCompany comes in: if they offer me the job it'll be for more than SuperStores, and, they'd want me to start full-time immediately. Thus it serves two purposes. (1) I tell my current employer about the offer and watch the panic; and (2) I tell SuperStores that I got a larger offer, and if they want to counter it, I'll consider them.

If my current employer reacts as I want they will offer me a full-time position, for a pathetic amount, which I'll accept because I will be able to get my masters for free, and their lay-off policy is 'we never fire anyone.' If, however, they don't act I as hope then there are three courses of action: (1) I stay at the current job anyway, because I really don't want to work for BigNameCompany and in June go work for SuperStores; (2) I work for BigNameCompany, find I love it, and stay there until I finish up my masters; or (3) I work for BigNameCompany until June, when I tear out of Dodge and go work for SuperStores.

So many options, so few of them not overly evil. Muahahahahah....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home