Monday, January 17, 2005

Decisions and Changes

It's official. My cello is a girl-cello. I wasn't sure she was a she (as you might have noticed below), but in the end, she is definitely a girl. I'm comfortable with the decision, and I suppose that is the most important thing.

I went to my cello lesson on Saturday, and was talking to my teacher. She took a look at Lydia and was playing her a little bit. Then she asked how much I paid for her. I told her and she was really impressed. She likes Lydia and told me that I did a good job in picking her out. Yeah!

In other news: for the past two years I have been teaching Sunday School at church. Yesterday morning I was called in and asked if I would mind giving someone else a chance to teach. It was a bitter sweet moment, but I can see his point. So, I (gracefully) said "yes." The saddest part is that I didn't get to teach a final lesson. My teaching partner was teaching, so next week would have been my Sunday. I know it's for the betterment and spiritual development of other people, but I'm still sad. Perhaps the best thing to come out of it was the number of people who came up to me right after the announcement to tell me how sad they were. I love teaching, and it's nice to know that other people enjoyed my lessons. My replacement is a whole lot hesitant, but she'll do well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home