Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Readership

Well, so far I know I have one regular reader of my blog. One. That's it. And he lives in England (There, are you happy? You've got a mention on my blog, now, let's be done with that.)! Oh well, I'll survive, somehow.

I find it strange that when I first started my blog I was ashamed that I had succumbed to the trend. But, now, there is a part of me that likes being so publicly available. It's almost as if my Public-self has taken over my Private-self and forcing the latter to open up. I guess this makes me vulnerable on some level, but a level which I have complete control over. Oddness. Additionally, I find that I want other people to read what I have to write, almost like a real-life fan club. How completely ego-centric of me.

Actually, I think that’s part of the appeal to the general blogger – we all want others to come and partake of our greatness.

Sadly, however, I have just discovered that my fan club is one person large. Admittedly, if I were to tell my family about my blog they'd read it religiously, and then my fan club would be considerably larger. 700 percent larger, you might say. But, that's part of the deal -- I find that I can be more open here, when I know Mumsy isn't going to bring up something I said three months ago over my birthday dinner.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laziest Girl said...

Actually it is at least two people large. I like your blog - very self-contained and refreshing.

January 12, 2005 3:45 pm  
Blogger granola girl said...

Wow, how cool is that? I have two readers! Whooo Hoo! Um, so, do I know you? Or, how did you find the wonder that is my blog?

January 12, 2005 3:57 pm  
Blogger Krista said...

I see it from time to time. Merry Christmas.

January 12, 2005 9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home