Friday, January 07, 2005

Taking the Leap

Today I did it. I took the plunge, and I couldn't be happier. I didn't think we would have such a short courtship, but when something is right, I guess you shouldn't wait too long, or perhaps the opportunity will pass, and they will slip away.

It's funny how things work out. I spent so much time looking for "The One." I looked all over, in obscure places, in random places, in places my mother would want to drag me, and in places I wouldn't take my children. In the end, however, I ended back where I started. A nice, respectable place to be looking for a companion.

Oh, and she is strikingly beautiful. Her deep brown isn't quite what I set out looking for -- I thought for sure she would be a dark red, but, when love falls in your lap, what are you going to do about it. Don't you find it strange how your first love will always be in your heart, and the back of your mind, but a new love can come along and take you completely by surprise, and BAM! you're in love all over again!? I hope I can live up to her expectations, and truly become one with her. Her beauty is worth her price, and I shall strive to be worthy of her. I can only hope she treats me well, and hopefully it will be a long time before I have to move on and invest my heart in another cello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home