Sunday, January 23, 2005

Relationships and Rumors of Relationships

Friday night I met an interesting individual who I then went out with. We had a good time, and that was that. Will he call me again? I have a suspicion that he probably will. Will I want to go out with him again, when he does call? Hmm... The jury is still very much out on that one.

Saturday I met a fascinating young man (I'd leave out the 'young' part, but I'm working up to my quarter-life crisis, so anyone younger than I must be appropriately labeled). He's really into music, and has played the drums for years. Thus, I shall call him DrummerBoy. Also, he is so incredibly open about everything, a quality I truly admire. Perhaps because it's one that I'm lacking. Now, I know you're sitting there thinking that I can't possibly be telling the truth here, but let me explain: I'm open about some things, but others I'm more than closed lipped. He's a really interesting guy. We met at a church social, and spent the greater part of it just talking. Eventually we went snowmobiling. Oh. My. GOSH! I could love snowmobiling (despite the fact that I tipped up over). Today I am a bit sore, but I'd do it again in a heart beat. After all of that everyone ended up going to this lodge we had rented for dinner and stuff. Yeah, good times.

This evening I was at another church thing and was talking to a friend of mine about DrummerBoy. I commented that someone had asked what was up with 'us' and I had told her that we had just met. Someone else was walking by at that exact moment and said, "Oh, the guy from yesterday?" Good golly people! Can you be interested in someone else's lives, please? So, now, apparently, (since everyone saw us talking all day) there is a slight rumor (and visually substantiated belief) that I'm going to have to nip in the bud before everyone finds out that we're 'dating.' Sheesh.

In other news I broke up with my secret boyfriend SurferBoy this week. I just can't be with someone who everyone wants. Ok, that's not true in the least bit, I'd love to be with someone that all the girls want. But, I don't want to be just another girl who has a crush on him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey,
who cares what other people think or are talking about?? as long as your happy hun. i say just make a move on the drummerguy - you know you want to.
anon.

p.s. hp brown sauce rocks!! and i will stab anyone in the eye who says otherwise.

January 25, 2005 10:57 am  
Blogger granola girl said...

Thanks luv. :) I can always count on you for logical relationship oriented advice.

When am I getting that bottle of brown sauce, anyway?

January 26, 2005 1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home