Friday, February 04, 2005

Book List

Thus far this week the book The Picture of Dorian Gray has been addressed more than three times in my immediate vicinity. Now, three times sure doesn't seem like that much, but let's think about this for a minute. The book is fascinating, a classic for sure. However, not many people have read it, much less heard about it. So, having it brought up in my presence three times in one week is more than a coincidence. Thus, I think it may be about time for me to read it again.

It's funny, though. The last time that I had a book on the brain for an extended period of time when I finally picked it up I was unable to put it down. It took me two days to read The Handmaid's Tale. (If you haven't read it, GO, do so now!)

However, in honor of Black History Month, and the fact that I have never read it (despite being on my Books-I-Must-Read-In-Order-to- be-a-Complete-Human-Being list for the past decade), I'm thinking Dorian Gray is going to have to wait, and I should, instead, read Uncle Tom's Cabin, despite it's length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home