Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Good-Byes

My last task of the day at work was to return a couple of books that I had borrowed from my boss. I went into his office to do so and say good-bye. As I handed him the books he said, "I don't suppose if I were to refuse to let you leave you'd stay?"

"No, I'm sorry." I said with a smile.

He wished me luck, and then changed his mind. "I hope it's terrible, so you come back to us." He said, smiling.

We exchanged brief chit-chat during which time I told him that it was a pleasure working with him (true, the project sucked, and the work bit, but he was pleasant enough) to which he replied, "Working with you was an experience. One I'll not soon forget!"

"Oh great! Was it that bad?"

"I'm not saying anything!" He bantered back.

In the end, he stood, and extended his hand. We shook and he said, "It was a pleasure working with you. Good luck out there." Thanks, man.

Saying good-bye to my friends was a bit more challenging. The one I'm closest to didn't want to part. I'm going to keep my ear to the ground for a job he would like. The poor guy hates his job, and is kind of stuck there. I feel for him, I really do.

I'm so glad I'm finished with that hole!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home