Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Neurotic Conversation

This morning as I was emptying the trash in preparation for taking it outside PuppyDogsAndBows was preparing her lunch for the day. I made sure to tell her that the utilities are being shut-off on Thursday, and in order to avoid re-connect fees someone needed to put them in her name tomorrow.

"Well, we'll just have the new roommate put them in her name. I mean, since me and our other roommate are moving out in April it only makes sense to put them in her name, don't you think?"

"I don't know." I responded, dumb-founded by the audacity that she has. If I were the new roommate I would be livid that I was expected to put the utilities in my name. Especially since the only reason it's working out like this is because PuppyDogsAndBows wants to avoid the $110 deposit. "Frankly, I won't be around, so it has no effect on my life."

"You selfish Bitch!" She declared. Selfish? She wants to talk selfish. Here's selfish for her — foisting the deposits off on the new roommate simply because 'It's not fair that me and our other roommate have to come up with that kind of money in the middle of the semester, just because you're moving.' That's selfish honey.

"What's selfish about that? I won't be here, it really has no effect on my life."

"Well, Granola, frankly, your leaving is really inconvenient for our other roommate and me. You've got to clean up where you move." Yeah, that's a direct quote. The grammar is killing me, too.

"I am cleaning up where I'm moving from. That's what's causing all of this!" The root of my selfishness has now been fleshed out — by leaving I'm denying them (where by 'them' I mean 'her') the convenience of not having to come up with that money her own-bad-self. This harkens back to this conversation.

She really didn't like that, so naturally, she went back to the brilliant topic of my selfishness. "Well, you have to admit that what you said was insensitive. Do you see that it was insensitive?"

"No. I don't think there was anything insensitive about it."

"Well, it was." I love the way she "wins" arguments.

I shrugged, grabbed the trash, and walked out the door. Insensitive and selfish my a--.

I love (where by love I mean am amused by) the fact that she thinks she can guilt-trip/manipulate me into doing her bidding. I've seen masters at work, and, frankly, she could try her whole life and never be as good as those masters to whom I am referring. I can't wait to be rid of her.

Now, if I can only survive the next few days.
It's interesting to point out that her little ask-the-new-girl tactic has worked. It really is good reasoning, the motivation is what annoys me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home