Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Things I Miss

Today was a "things I miss" day. More so than any other day I've had in a long time. With that in mind, here's the list of things I miss — enjoy:

Having my hair played with while watching a movie.
Someone to watch a movie with.
Being dragged to chick-flicks.
Having my butt randomly grabbed and being shocked every time.
Having a reason to rush home from work.
Cuddling.
Holding hands.
Sneak-attack kisses.
Phone conversations about nothing that last hours.
Phone calls for no reason.
The comfort associated with a given scent.
The dorky way he walks.
The way he would put his arm under my chin - around my neck - and hold me close to him while we stood around talking to people.
Emails to say I love "you".
Miner's lettuce.
Long-needle pine trees.
Camping so long you think you'll never get clean.
The smell of a camp fire.
Roasting marshmallows.
Knowing that there is a 98% chance the person you're talking to believes the same things as you.
Knowing that there is a 98% chance that the unmarried guy you're checking out is actually date-able.
No longer needing a reason to call.
Board game nights.
Hugs.
Not feeling dorky for shaking hands with someone on the first date.
The "mormon smile".
Having someone who knows I'd be interested in that article about the latest news on the md5 crack.
Having him send the email with "Thought you'd be interest in this" in the subject and the link as the entire text.
Cute boss.
Respecting my boss.
Loving my job.
Looking forward to going to work in the morning.
Wanting to stay at work longer.
Windy roads up long mountains.
Flat-landers.
A gear shift.
Free parking.
Not having to lock the door at night.
A porch.
Cello lessons.
Salon Selective shampoo.
St. Ive's shampoo.
Long fingernails.
Unreal.
Deep religious conversations spent learning more by speaking and listening.
Teaching Sunday School.
Programming.
Being challenged at work.
Writing poetry.
Being serenaded over the phone.
Being bored by conversations about things I don't really care about, but wanting to be near him, so putting up with it.
Knowing he's bored by my conversations about things he doesn't really care about, but wanting to be near me so he puts up with it anyway.
Arguing about whether or not "anyways" is a word. It's not.
Artsy friends.
Granola friends.
Friends.
Being surrounded by brilliance.
Working on interesting - bleeding edge - technology.
Breaking networks.
School.
Learning.
Growing.
Twice monthly pay-checks.
A lower tax-bracket.
$55 massages.
My massage chick.
Straight blocks.
Knowing my way around.
Jerusalem.
Israel.
Discovering new things with someone.
Talking art with someone.
Non-awkward silence.
Decent radio stations.
That homus shop we found in Jerusalem.
Going to the Temple whenever the mood strikes.
My family.
My childhood.
Geeks.
The Bombay House.
Having someone cook dinner for me.
Cooking dinner for someone else.
Roommate drama (but, only because it was funny).
Sleeping in.
Working out.
Getting up early.
My head before migraines.
My mouth without the retainer.
The stars.
A couch.
A coffee table.
Real furniture.
Someone I could call up at any time and go over to their house and talk with them.
Snow.
Small town.
Tall trees.
Big rocks.
Exploring the woods.
Playing in the creek.
Not worrying about drinking water from the creek.
Knowing what "you're always down stream from a bear" really means.
Sore legs from long hikes.
Hiking.
Camping.
Real camping.
Digging a pit.
Being in love.
Being loved.
Loving.
Giving.
Wanting to give.
Complete and utter comfort in the relationship.
Cheap produce.
That look.

I could probably go on and on, but this list is already pretty long. So, that's it for me tonight. Sleep well.

1 Comments:

Blogger galacticspread said...

whats to miss.
im in college so sorry about the english ,
enjoyed your writing.
do u miss going to concerts?
or granola dipped in almond butter.
well thats cool
what is there to miss if you live in the moment?

April 05, 2006 12:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home