Sunday, March 26, 2006

New Church

When I moved to the Island I wondered where I would attend church. As it turns out, there is a ward house really, really, close to my place. It's wonderful to still be close to church.

My new ward is great. Last Sunday was the first time I attended this new ward. I wasn't trepidatious, but I was concerned about the age range of the people I who would be in my new ward. As it turns out, I needn't have worried. The ward is comprised of single adults ranging from 21 - 32. Perfect. It's a small ward, but an active stake, which is really nice.

I was so relieved to finally have a home ward again, and to be able to pay my tithing. I think the bishop might have been a little shocked when he saw the size of the checks I handed him, but I've been saving that up for the past two months, waiting until I had a ward.

Today I found out my records have already been transferred into the new ward. I have never know the Church to move that fast on anything, but for some reason they really wanted my records, I guess. The bishop came up to me today and asked me to set up an appointment to meet with him. Oh yeah. I guess that means I'm going to be getting a calling soon. Not that I mind, mind you. I wish we could have done it this Sunday, since the Gospel Doctrine teacher is getting married this week, and there is always a chance I could slide right into that calling. For some reason I really doubt that would happen, but a girl can wish. Can't she?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home