Monday, March 27, 2006

Japa-what?

I work on an internationalization team at InternetCompany. Our Web site is available in many countries, and many languages. That being said, I have made it very well known that I know the following languages: American, Canadian (the English dialect), and American Sign Language. That's it. Unless you count Pig Latin, which I don't think you can, really.

That said, it was quite a surprise to me when my boss came up to me and announced that I shall heretofore be working on our Japanese Web site for the rest of the week. Um, exactly what part of "I. don't. know. Japanese." did you miss? I expressed my concerns pretty loudly, but they fell on more than slightly deafend ears. His solution was to send out an email with a revised schedule. Notice, if you will, that he has now included his own name on the list. In the immortal words of Chris Farley, "Latty-freaking-da!" that still doesn't change the fact that I don't espeka Japanese! Are you worried? I am. Is he retarded? I'm becoming more and more convinced of it as time goes on.

I hope I can last a year here. It's going to look pretty bad on the old resume to have had 3 jobs in under a year. In other news, I'm going to email my former boss at ConsultingShop. Maybe I can get some spare cash, since I just bought a $200 record player. (ouch!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home