Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Expletives

I had a massage appointment right after work tonight, so I had to drive to the park and ride, rather than catch my normal shuttle (so, uh, I could drive, rather than walk, home afterwards). As I was leaving the parking lot behind my apartment some idiot decided it might be a good idea to back out. I saw the movement of his car (not even the lights), and swerved just in time to be missed (He would have collided squarely with my sliding door). Now, while I don't object to the idea of him buying me a new car, I strongly object to the being hit part. Mid-swerve I found myself cursing at him. The exact sequence of thought was this: "Oh no! Stupid aphid! (pause) 'aphid?' Where the freak did that come from?" It is at moments like that when you have to pause and wonder if you really do have an over-developed vocabulary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home