Sunday, July 16, 2006

Yo-Yo Ma

I've found a cello teacher, I think. He's an odd fellow with no front teeth and a house that smells of cat. But, I'm desperate, and I have a feeling he's going to treat me well, for a little while.

This afternoon following church I came home and practiced, then turned on some Yo-Yo Ma. I was listening to his beautiful music when Mumsy called. We chatted for a long while, then, out of the blue she asked, "Are we practicing?"

"Now? No! That's Yo-Yo Ma! I wish that were me! If I sounded like that I'd quit my job tomorrow!"

She laughed. Apparently all she could hear were occasional notes. For the curious I was listening to Appalachia Waltz, Fairy Dancer Reel. Yeah, if I could play like that after 2 years... no need to ever program another line of code! I'd be a bajillionare by the time I hit 30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home