Sunday, July 16, 2006

1000!

Stat counters are a very (un)scientific thing. How they determine how many people have looked at a given page, the duration that someone visits your site, etc, are all (relatively) subjective things. One would think they wouldn't be, but trust me on this one, they are.

So, today I have reached 1000 hits according to my lovely stat-counter. Not all that impressive (and, undoubtedly wrong, since the counter I use is frequently broken), but 1000 nonetheless. Since you're all dying to know who is lucky number 1000, drum roll please blogpatrol has determined that our winner of no prize hails from New Zealand (well, their dsl carrier has a .nz address...) and uses IE6. Pardon me for a moment while I congratulate our winner...

Congratulations number 1000! I'm so proud of you! I wish I knew who you were, but you're a lurker, so I can't even congratulate you by name. Maybe you want to leave a comment sometime so I know who you are. Hey, this might be an opportune post to leave one on. How fun! A new fan! Well, not new, but maybe I get to learn who you are. Oh, and one more thing: IE6. Seriously? Try firefox, it'll rock your socks! The secret to what makes it so great? I don't know, but tabs! Oh, bless-ed tabs! At first you might feel like you're cheating on Microsoft, but, trust me on this one, Micro$oft is a lousy lover. What Mozilla lacks in age she makes up for in eagerness to please. Try it. Trust me. Once you go OpenSource you never go back.

Oh, and ironically, lucky number 1001 was the result of a google search on "Slidell Baptist Seminary". Not surprisingly, they landed on this post. Hehe, just knowing that putting this in here is going to throw off search results makes me maniacally happy! Bwahahhahahah! (P.S. Googling it myself indicates that my blog is on page 22 of 25 search result pages. Someone had way to much time on his/her hands. Sheesh).

Oh, and Mumsy, you'll be proud to know that you come it at number 1002. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger sa said...

heh.not sure if i use IE6 but number "1000" might just be me as i'm in nz at the moment. :)

yup, have been 'lurking' around for a while. came across this site quite a long time ago when i did a google search for 'tree hugging'(don't ask me why i was searchin that!)& it has gradually become one of my daily reads.

so yeah, you take care in your part of the world & i'll continue reading in my my lil corner of the world. :p

July 18, 2006 5:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1002? Yippie! I'm so Happy!
--mumsey

July 18, 2006 10:29 pm  
Blogger granola girl said...

Welcome, SA. Good to have you here. I have reason to believe that you are, in deed, lucky number 1000.

Now, I'm curious why you were googling on 'tree hugging' and what question, if any, I have successfully answered for ya. Oh, and any questions that I haven't answered you may also ask.

See, isn't being a non-lurker fun? Participation! Yessss!

July 18, 2006 10:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home