Saturday, October 28, 2006

Geek

Last night just as I was about to go to bed I checked slashdot to see if there was anything new in the world of geek. I discovered that the latest Ubuntu distro had been released just that day. So, while I was busy telling myself that I was getting ready for bed I secretly (yes, from myself) downloaded the iso. Then, I burned the cd.

This morning I woke up and checked the cd. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to install it to my box, so I decided to wait until this evening.

When I got home I started installing, but got distracted helping Lurch with his Halloween costume. When I got home, again, this time at 11 pm, I decided to install it. So, many hours later, I've installed, I've configured, and I'm moderately happy with what I've got. More than that, though, I finally have a Linux partition on my hard drive. Let's hear it for dual-boot!!! (yeahhhhhhh)

Oh, and, naturally, this post is coming to you, live from my Linux box.

It's about time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home