Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Promotion

I had a one-on-one with my boss (the one above WalksSoftly) yesterday. He has an interesting style, a lot of the time he'll ask what's going on, then say, "Anything else?" After a few of these I said, "Well, I don't know if you heard, but I got a promotion." (The irony that both he and I knew was that (a) he had recommended it; and (2) he had to approve it so, either way, he knew.)

He smiled broadly as he said, "Yeah. I know. And, actually, I don't consider it a promotion so much as a hiring correction. Why you were hired at the level you were hired is beyond me. You certainly have the capabilities and the skills for this level."

Well, I knew that, and you knew that, it's good to hear that he knew that as well (ok, ok, I have been campaigning for this promotion since the day my boss the jerk got fired, it's just a matter of convincing people that they noticed your sillz. Apparently I succeeded).

Additionally, I got a huge pay raise! Yes!!! I can finally think about buying the following:
  • a couch
  • a receiver for my record player
  • speakers to go with the aforementioned receiver
  • maybe a new car? I think Willie died. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home