Thursday, October 05, 2006

Self-Perpetuating Rumors

Have I mentioned how hot RC is? No? Let me do so now. He's hot. Very hot. Oh, and such a geek! It's really rather attractive, if I do say so myself.

Lots has been going on that I just haven't written about for whatever reason. Mainly, he's thinking about leaving the team, and I'm trying hard to convince him to stay. Though, he just found out yesterday that the team he thought he was going to transfer to just lost their head-count, so that's a no-go. Too bad for him. Poor guy.

But, that wasn't the point of bringing him up. A bit of back history that you should know is that he likes to make reference to two-week "relationships." Apparently, until his most recent girl friend (of two years, which is why nothing between us is ever going to happen) he would go through relationships on average of two weeks. Or, that's what one would believe if one believed everything he said. Personally, I think he's all talk and very little action as far as that goes. Nonetheless this all leads up to what transpired today.

We were sitting in his cube discussing how when I did something it didn't work, and then when he did the exact same thing it worked for him like a charm. His rationale was this: "You've got to do it like you mean it. See, that's your problem, you don't mean it. I, on the other hand, do it like I mean it." This went on for a bit before the slightly more wicked part of me piped up, "That's not what I heard."

He opened his mouth to retort. Closed his mouth. Then, blushing, said simply, "I'm just going to take that. There's nothing to say."

Yes! I win! Oh, and it's quite fun to see the person who is always getting the better of you in flirtatious repartee get the end of the stick they're not use to getting. Ahhh... I win! I win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home