Wednesday, September 13, 2006

DTR

After I got off the bus tonight I pulled out my cell phone to call mumsy to chit-chat while I waited for my shuttle. I noticed, however, that I had one missed call — MapGuy had called at 5:06. Ok, then.

I called him back.

He asked how my migraine was doing, since I made him drive me home last night. I thought it was a really sweet gesture. Then, we chatted. And chatted. And chatted. In fact, we chatted for 20 minutes, then he said, "I think I'm going to have to have a talk with Nanny."

I didn't even bother to ask about what. I did, instead, ask, "What are you going to say to her?"

"I don't know... That I just want to be friends..."

We talked about good ways for him to break the news, finally settling on the band-aid methodology. Basically, he's just going to have to suck it up and do it. Rip the band-aid off quickly, and all that rot. Currently, I'm waiting up in anticipation of her phone call of tears. Suck. Suck. Suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home