Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday School

Today's Sunday School lesson was on Hosea and his similitude comparing the bridegroom to God, and the adulterous wife to Israel. Pretty straight forward. Unfortunately, as you recall, MapGuy's wife had cheated on him, which lead to the divorce. As far as I know, I'm the only one who knows this. I forgot to warn him before church, so he got quite the surprise when I started the lesson. He sat through the whole thing, including the following:

Someone had made a comment about how forgiving the bridegroom must have been to take his wife back after all of the affairs she had. He posed the rhetorical question, "How many of us could do that?"

I answered: "Not me! I'd kick him out!"

A long time ago, MapGuy had confided in me, "I wanted to go to counseling. I would have taken her back. I wanted it to work." How amazing. I wonder how he felt during my lesson. I tried to let comfort him while I was giving the lesson, but I didn't know how. Afterwards the only thing he said to me was, "You did a good job." I hope that really meant that he was doing ok. That's how I took it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home