Friday, September 01, 2006

Evidence of Flirtation

Today I had a boring lunch meeting. The only thing that made it bearable was RC was stuck in it with me. We sat next to each other, through some unspoken agreement, but didn't speak the whole meeting. The opportunity really didn't present itself. Tragically, we had pizza, so I grabbed a couple of slices of plain pizza and peeled the cheese off the top. Leaving two very naked crusts. They were bland.

Around 3 I was starving, so I im'ed RC and asked him if he wanted to come downstairs with me while I grabbed my sandwich. He joined me. We talked and flirted and talked some more, but mostly flirted.

When we got back to the office he reached in his pocket to grab his id badge to scan which would allow us entrance into the office. I reached for the door handle in anticipation. He gave me some crap about looking all expectant and "waiting for me to swipe my card. But it doesn't come, so you wait some more. And some more." I smiled, "I have all day, I don't care." "You're still waiting. Oh, oh!"

Just as it was getting silly, and I was beginning to wonder which of us would be the adult first, one of the new hires (who, incidentally, I met on Wednesday, she's really nice) came to the door and saw us standing there. He scanned his card, and I opened the door. RC was trying to play the whole situation very coolly, as if we had just arrived at the door at the same time as she. I didn't let him get away with it.

As she was opening the door this woman gave me a look. It wasn't a what-on-earth-are-you-doing look. Rather, it was a look that screamed and begged to be interpreted by all around as, "AH! I see now, you like him." I hope he didn't interpret it that way, or I'm busted. Who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home