Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Good Shtuff

This morning I was talking to ProjectManager about some stuff when he told me that he would forward me an email. I went back to my desk, and noticed I had an email from him. I opened it up and discovered it wasn't what I thought it was. Rather, it was an email on which I was bcc'ed. To whom was it sent? WalksSoftly, his boss, and a woman who is either his boss, or his peer, but over the development team with whom I am working. Either way, she is over that team, and gets tons of our communication. Contents of the email (since I know you're dying to know)? Well, it started out like this, "If I could say one word about Granola it would be 'TERRIFIC.'" It continued on this vein. Frankly, it was a glowing letter. I couldn't have asked for a nicer review. I'm not going to write it all here, because, well, I'm not a retard, and I'd hate for someone to find this-here blog and know it's me. But, yeah, wow. Unsolicited praise. W00T!

Later I had the interview I mentioned yesterday. I really feel like I nailed it! One huge plus what when he asked me a design question and I made the whole thing scalable without prompting. I think he was impressed with that decision. He did catch me in a couple of really simple mistakes, (incrementing i instead of j, for instance, or adding unnecessary rows to the table.) but I recovered from them quickly. At one point he asked me a question and I my answer was, "blah blah blah, but then I just added tons of extra data and couple of unnecessary columns to the table..." Mid-thought the solution suddenly occurred to me. Before I could say it, however, he corrected my statement, "You mean 'rows'?"

"Yeah, actually, I did. But, I lost track of what I was saying because I suddenly realized the correct solution." and, off I went. It was really a thing of beauty.

I will (hopefully) find out tomorrow how things went. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home