Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dinner Calendar

A couple of months ago our elders approached me to ask if the previous elders had ever passed around the dinner calendar (they were both new with the transfer). I told them no, but they should. Nothing came of that. Then a few weeks ago I brought it up in ward council, and made the point that singles wards have an interesting missionary opportunity since they tend to meet a completely different set of people than the married wards. The Bishop agreed, but was quick to point out that if any of the sisters had them over there would have to be a male over 18 there. I agreed, and said that that would encourage them to have investigators over, and give a really good excuse, or, what boy in our ward would say no to a meal with any of the sisters? He agreed to talk to the Stake President.

Monday night I was at FHE and stepped out briefly. The elders were walking down the hall, my favorite one said to me, "Hey! Way to be there one the one week we pass around the calendar!"
"Oh," I said, "I would have signed up, too!"
"I know!" he replied, "we figured you would!"
"Well," I asked, "When are transfers?"
"Tomorrow. And I'm leaving." he frowned.

Tragic, eh? Poor elders, I totally would have fed them, and they would have loved it. I'll have to sign up when I get back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home