Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Stupid Camera Update

I went to Best Buy tonight to see if I could get my camera fixed. Three problems:
1. They don't have a record of me buying the camera there (It was almost a year ago, so that's reasonable).
2. Even if they did they have to send it off to Panasonic to have it repaired (we're talking weeks here...)
3. Panasonic could determine that the sand isn't a result of "normal wear and tear" and void my warranty (practically guaranteed to happen).

So, I did what any reasonable person would do: I bought a new camera. I'm going to try to hunt down proof of purchase (credit card company) and then go back to Best Buy to see if I can't get it sent off. Meanwhile, I got the guy to give me a 21 day return on the camera. So, assuming that I don't break the stupid thing in Greece and England I can return it for a 15% re-stocking fee. Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home