Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just Friends

Nanny finally text messaged me last night after MapGuy told her how things were going to be. As I was replying he called me to give me the heads up and to prepare me for "damage control." As it turns out, none was necessary. She either took it really well, is in denial, or didn't get what he was saying. I think it may be a combination of both.

She and I sent text messages for about 30 minutes before I fell asleep. Whoops. Some friend I am! The thing of it is, though, she didn't mention word-one about him defining the relationship. She actually talked about things as if nothing had changed at all.

I decided that this called for some definitive measures: I called her up and announced I was going to get a pedicure tonight, and did she want to come along? She was totally up for it. We called up Sweetheart to loop her in. I made appointments, and Nanny and I showed up. We hadn't been able to reach Sweetheart, so we left her a lot of messages, and hoped. She did eventually call us and show up. We each got pedicures, and I got a really terrible manicure. Oh well, that's just life, I suppose.

I waited the whole time for some sort of indication, but none was forthcoming. Finally, as we were walking to our cars Nanny said she was going to go watch him play volleyball for a bit before heading over to my place. Seizing the opportunity (and, let's face it, that's not really the behavior of one who was just told that nothing was going to happen) I said, "You mean, you're going to go flirt with MapGuy."

"We're just friends!" she exclaimed. "It's got to start somewhere, and I've decided to quit worrying about it and just focus on being friends!" Ah, so that's how she's going to play it. Cool. Whatever. As long as there's not loads of good, juicy, drama I'm missing out on, I'm good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home