Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Second Date?

Sweetheart, Nanny, and I, as well as 5 other people, were all invited to the Bishop's house for desert tonight. We were looking forward to a nice chat and good food.

When we got there I discovered that the guy that I took to the symphony (FlyBoy) was there, as was the totally awkward slightly creepy guy who likes me (Creepy). I was talking with FlyBoy about this exhibit in downtown that I really wanted to go to. We were talking about how interesting it sounds, but that I was having difficulty finding someone who wanted to plunk down twenty bucks to go look at a bunch of dead bodies (it's an exhibition of plastinated bodies). Both Creepy and FlyBoy agreed that it sounded fascinating. FlyBoy was in the middle of saying he'd go (which was kind of my hope) when Creepy piped in, "Wow, twenty bucks is pretty steep! I'll go with you, if you subsidize part of it."

I kind of ignored the second half of his comment and said, "Yeah, 20 bucks, like I said, it's hard to find people to go with."

"Like I said, I'll go with you if you subsidize part of it. Not even the whole thing, but part of it. I'll even drive. Think of it as gas money." Wow, someone is a little over eager.

Finally I realized that I was going to have to address this issue before he propositioned me, yet again, "Do I look like anyone's 'Sugar-Mamma'?" I asked.

FlyBoy laughed, "Sugar-Mamma!" Creepy made a last ditched effort. Ain't gonna happen. I don't want to spend any more time with him that social politeness dictates I must. I just wish there were a way I could kindly tell him that it will be a very cold day in Las Vegas when I agree to go on a date with him. Believe it or not, he's one of those guys from whom I would actually turn down a first date request. Plus let's not even mention the fact that I was angling for a second date with FlyBoy! Sheesh!

"Uh, I think you're not going to win this one." He cautioned Creepy.

"I don't play games." Creepy responded, and yet, he does. Yikes.

Later FlyBoy and I were talking off to the side away from Creepy. He told me that he'd go with me, and some of his friends would probably be interested in going, too. "You'd let me hang out with your friends?" I questioned, "You're not concerned I might scare them away?"

"No, you'd fit in just fine." Our schedules combined, we concluded that he would organize it and give me a call. Yippy! A potential second date with FlyBoy! Fun stuff!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home