Saturday, February 03, 2007

Multi-tasking

Last night, despite my initial inclination to skip it, I decided to go to Musician's concert. A group of 8 people, a stop off in downtown Seattle, and a couple missed turns later we pulled up infront of the venue. Tragically, there was no band. We ended up going to another restaurant for dinner. We had a great time and ended up at Engineer's house watching a The Lady in the Water.

Today I called Musician to give him crap for failing to give me the memo. He answered, but said he was in the middle of something and could he call me back. I said sure, and he returned my call 5 hours later. One interesting thing is: he doesn't usually answer his phone if he's busy. I guess he wanted to talk to me at some level. Hmmm.

Anyway, he called me back and I could hear him eating. I could also hear someone else (whom I could only assume to be Nurse) in the background. He confirmed my "suspicions" when he announced he was eating take-out. "I can hear." I replied. "Who are you with?"

"The infamous Nurse."

I then gave him a little grief about two things: (A) Failing to let me know that they no longer have said standing gig; and (2) Taking on the phone while eating and hanging out with his girl friend, becuase the latter is just rude. He responded by asking if he should be rude to me and hang up? I told him yes, but she said to put me on speaker. He did, though I could hardly hear her. We exchanged pleasantries, then I hung up.

Man! That boy, I tell ya...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home