Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Plans

Nanny and Sweetheart and I haven't really been hanging out much lately. They moved in together and don't really seem to need a third person.

Actually, I hadn't really noticed all that much. Correction: I noticed, but I've been a little too self-involved to care too much. Well, on Saturday I called them up to hang out, but they were already doing something together. Um... ok...

Sunday they left church early, and didn't even say goodbye.

Monday, Sweetheart text messaged me to tell me she wouldn't be coming to FHE, and when I told her that I wasn't going to be there either she said, "I was wanting you to know so ya felt special..." Um... okay then. Then Tuesday I was talking to her about a promotion she got, and she said, "Yeah, I sent you a text so you would know, 'cause I wanted you to feel like you're here." or something to that effect. Basically, it suddenly dawned on her that she and Nanny have been ignoring me for the past month and a half.

MapGuy asked them about it last week, and I have a feeling he may have pushed the issue a little much, 'cause I'm starting to feel like a project.

This evening Nanny called me up to tell me that they are picking me up at 11am Saturday and I should dress for the weather and pack a sack lunch. That's great, except I have a meeting for church at 8 am, and I have no idea how long that will go, and then I'm supposed to go over to the bishop's house at 1 for some Relief Society stuff. I appreciate the thought (I guess, well, actually, too tell you the truth, it feels like it just occurred to them that they screwed this one up, big time, and are trying to desperately make up for it), but I already have plans. I suppose I could skip out on going to the Bishop's, but that was one thing that I had already planned on. OH! And I was planning on spending the rest of my Saturday 'arting'. How am I supposed to do that if I'm out gallivanting across the country-side with a couple of girls who asked me out only to calm the pangs of guilt that suddenly built up?

Not that I'm bitter or anything. Actually, I'm more annoyed at becoming a 'project' than I was at being ignored. Ignored I can handle, projects just piss me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home