Sunday, May 06, 2007

Party Debrief

I'll have you know, I made allthree of my parties last night!

The root beer kegger was SO much fun! The cute guy from church on Sunday was there, which was no surprise once I learned it was his house. Oh, and I shall henceforth call him 'TreeHugger', since his degree is in environmental studies (erm, How HOT is that?!?!). So, about this... I'm excited, which means (as we all know) it's going to go nowhere. I got to his house and Nanny and Sweetheart were already there. (I have decided it's high-time to patch things up with Nanny, so I'm going out of my way to be around her at social gatherings.) I found them and chatted while we danced a bit. After a bit Sweetheart pointed through the crowd and said, "TreeHugger is over there. He's wearing shorts." I took note, but didn't go talk to him.

A bit later the girls were sitting outside cooling off, when he joined us. He was talking to Nanny, Sweetheart, and Nanny's annoying friend when I added a side note to the conversation. He hadn't seen me (since I was in a weird spot), so when I spoke up he turned to me and saw me for the first time that evening, "Oh! Hey, Granola!" he said, excitedly. Did you catch that? He remembered my name. Oh yeah... Conversation went on, we flirted a bit, whatever. Eventually we all ended up back in the house, he came over to where we were dancing and said to Nanny, "Would you take a picture of Granola and me?" She obliged.

I decided I should go fetch my camera, so I did, but I never got the chance to reciprocate. Sweetheart walked with me to get mine, and as we were walking she asked, "So, what's up with you and TreeHugger?"

"Nothing." I replied, "We just met on Sunday. Why? Do you think they're something there?"

"Oh yeah! He was awfully excited to see you!"

That made me feel really good. Later however, the party was shut down (cops came by around midnight because we were violating the noise ordinance), and I ended up chatting with this random guy. We started talking on the porch, but decided to move into the house. We ended up in the kitchen, which would have been ok, except TreeHugger was in there talking to this other girl. Sad times.

I left that party around 12:30am and headed to my last one of the day. I got there around 1 (after having changed out of my 80s clothes into normal street-wear by the side of the road) and stayed until 2:15 or so.

The second party was notably more mellow. where the root beer kegger had hundreds of people show up the Quatro de Mayo party had, maybe, 20. That said, by the time I got to the second party everyone was pretty much plastered. Being sensitive to my beliefs the host offered me soda (which I don't drink because it's bad for you, and I think it's gross) or water. I ended up with water. One of the other guests quickly determined that I was drinking water and called out, whilst pointing to my glass, "Party Foul!" I informed him that, "sorry, I don't drink. At all. Ever." Which lead to a host of questions such as, "Ever?" "Nope, never." and "Have you ever had alcohol?" "Nope. Not at all, not ever." That last answer garnered a "Woah! That's hardcore!" Our host then took it upon himself to announce "Dudes, she's Mormon." Normally I don't have a problem telling people that, but since he was raised Mormon and doesn't really practice it, and I was not sure how familiar they were with his beliefs I decided to just leave it out. I didn't mind that he offered up the information though. However, it was a bit entertaining to see him squirm as I looked at him with the "and you're not?" look. Bad Granola, bad! One of the guys there was really interested (for whatever reason) asked if I drink coffee (no) or tea (only herbal) or soda (no, but not for religious reasons). Later on in the evening he asked me another question about my drinking habits. Not that he'll remember in the morning...

Oh, I forgot to mention, they had a hookah going, so the whole place was full of smoke. So pleasant (I'm allergic, tobacco smoke gives me a horrible headache). By the time I left my head was not so happy with me.

This morning I had a doctor appointment, so I had to wake up at 9 (blarg). I should not have stayed out so late. When I got up I had what can best be described as a 'hangover' from the combination of secondhand smoke and pain killers that I had been sucking down at the root beer kegger (since my back was killing me and I wanted to dance). I took a long hot bath and headed to the chiropractor. Surprisingly, my back has improved over the last few days! WHoo hoo!

I had to take a nap this afternoon to kick the headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home