Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Past

My past seems to be colliding with my present these days. First it was the wedding and hanging out with GayPat, now it's my dreams. I had a dream a few nights ago that old friends and new friends were interacting with each other in everyday situations. It all seemed perfectly normal until I woke up. Ok then.

I also had a dream that this roommate and her now-husband were getting married. In my dream they were having a church wedding (as opposed to the Temple wedding they actually had), and she was pregnant. She was so happy for the baby and to be getting married. It was weird, but I was too busy being happy for her to notice that she was going about things all wrong.

I woke up Sunday morning knowing I had to call her.

I put it off Sunday because it was too early, and then Church and then things just happened. I contemplated just sending a text message, but I decided that was way too impersonal for a voice from the past.

So, tonight I called her up.

I was so good to talk to her. I miss her so much. Sometimes I wish we could just all be back living together, figuring out who we are, and growing—growing into the amazing women we will eventually become (an element of whom we are now). I was so happy living with those girls, I'm not sure I'll ever feel that way again. It was certainly the most Zion home I've ever enjoyed.

Oh, she also has a kid. He's 5 months old, now. And totally and utterly legitimated. I'm so happy for her. Their moving to New York this summer, and I've been instructed to go visit her. Ok. Will do.

Most importantly, though, I wonder why I was supposed to call her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home