Sunday, April 01, 2007

Yet Another Catastrophe

Because we all know I can't go too long with out a major injury, the following should not come as a surprise...

This afternoon Mumsy answered her phone when I called, "Hey, Sweetheart! How was Conference"

"Hey, Mumsy!" I replied, "It was good. Guess what happend to me today."

"I dunno..."

"Well," I said, explaining, "I was hanging out with Sweetheart's aunt and cousin and his friend, and, well, her cousin and his friend are 8, and we were roughhousing. And," I pause, "I broke my leg."

In the background I hear her call to my father, "Granola broke her leg!"

She was, understandably concerned, "Did you really break it?"

"Yup. I'm sitting here with a bright orange cast on. It's pretty cool looking!"

She started quizzing me about how I would get to work and get around and stuff. After a couple of minutes I decided to end her worry and agony, "April Fools!!!" I cried out, laughing. My friends joined in with me. Mumsy, on the other hand, did not. Rather, she accused me of being a terrible child.

It was funny. In about 2 days she'll be laughing. A lot.

In other April Fool's jokes I announced to Sweetheart that I am in love with Lurch and don't know how to tell him (um... YIKES!) I broke down and told her the truth very shortly thereafter.

Oh, and Lurch sent out a text message telling everyone that he was called up from inactive duty and was shipping to the Middle East tomorrow. Yeah. That one isn't even possible since he was medically discharged with a handicap. Tragically, no one beleived that one. I was hoping Sweetheart would, but she saw right through it.

All in all, another good April 1st.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately it was a GREAT "April Fool" trick, and I fell for it hook, line and sinker! Perhaps because it is totally believable???!!!
mum

April 03, 2007 10:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home