Tuesday, March 27, 2007

900 Number Operator

I gave a talk last month at church, but was sick and had a really husky voice. I jokingly told everyone that I figured if I sounded like a 1940's movie star they were more likely to pay attention to what I had to say.

The talk went well, and afterwards I was talking to one of the guys in the ward (whom I hardly know, but that's his fault. Brief aside: when he first moved into the ward Sweetheart had a thing for him, so we invited him to hang out with us a number of times. He continually declined, finally telling her he had a girlfriend (that turned out to not be true) and so we stopped asking him to do anything with us.). He laughingly told me that I sounded like a 900 number operator. WHAT?! I laughed, I had no idea we knew each other well enough for him to tell me something like that. Apparently, we do.

A couple of weeks ago at Stake Conference someone invited a bunch of us over to her place, including him. He accepted. Well, he lives on the Island, and this girl does not, so Lurch and I asked him if he wanted to carpool with us. It was good, we got to know him a bit better.

Since then we've been sure to invite him to things, and he's come one other time. I am, however, getting the vibe that he might be interested in me. Cool.

Last night over dinner I mentioned that Musician had been checking out my legs at church on Sunday. Well, it turns out that Musician and this guy happen to have the same first name, and so Lurch asked, "Which one?" I said, Musician, and carried on with the story. Then I asked, "Is there something I should know about the other guy?"

Lurch is of the opinion that he might be a little interested in me. His rationle went like this: The guy is super shy, and really shy guys (speaking from personal experience) tend to like dominant women. And, I am, apparently, a little bit dominant. (We laughed long and hard at the "little bit" part of that equation.)

Tonight I called him (not Lurch) up to ask him to join us for dinner, understanding that he was probably at work still since he's an accountant, and, well, in case you missed it, it's tax season here in the good ol' US of A. I got his machine and left a message inviting him to dinner unless he was still at work, in which case, best of luck with that. He sent me a text indicating that yes, he was still at work, and probably would be until 10 but we should have fun.

Good times. It's good when someone (realtivly) normal is interested in you. I like that feeling. Also, since he's been around me for 6 months or so I don't have to be worried that he won't like what he eventually sees. If he has half a brain in his head he knows exactly what he would be getting into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home