Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hookie

Friday I decided to play hookie. I'm sick and tired of the incompetent guys I work with not getting their job done so that when they finally turn it over to me I have half the time to do my work, and they've done their bit so shoddily that I have to repeat my work (at least one full sweep). We had a deadline Tuesday (next week), that I was positive we weren't going to make, and since I'm sick and tired of working until 1:30 am 4 nights a week, I decided to play hookie.

I, apparently, don't know how.

I went online to spread the word that I'd be out, and my Project Manager pinged me and asked me to call him. I did and he expressed his opinion that we weren't going to make said deadline and I should just take it easy. I agreed. Then I asked him one question and in the 3 minutes it took to verify that I was wrong we discovered a huge problem and I ended up working about 5 hours anyway. Yeah, that sucked. A lot.

Oh well. I guess I'm just not cut out for the life of a work skipper. Tragic, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home