Wednesday, March 07, 2007

In The Hospital

Well, I finally took my car to the car doctor, and had him admitted into the car hospital. I think I forgot to mention it: A week to the day from when I bought my car I got in a fight with a Hummer. Not surprisingly, my little Subaru lost. I found someone to fix it, and kept meaning to take it in. Finally, I resolved I would take it to him at the end of February/early March. It ended up being a good thing that I waited because on Wednesday (a week ago) I got in a fight with a retaining wall. I lost that one, too.

I cried. Bitter tears of frustration.

In total I was quoted a little over a grand ($1000 for the work and "probably another $100 for the molding"), hopefully he comes in under that. I'm not holding my breath. I'm so glad that I got a bonus this month, 'cause there it went!

Word is: I might be getting it back tomorrow night. That would be most wonderful, 'cause I'm hating having no car.

What's that? You want to see pictures? Oh, alright. Here's the first incident.

Notice how the grill of the H2 fits oh-so snugly over the bumper of the average Subaru.

Here's Wednesday's damage. Two doors. Can you believe this is costing me as much as the hatch? Yeah. That sucks.
Not that much work, you say (I tend to agree), but take a look at this close up. I particularly like the gouge that came off when I had to back up off the corner of the wall. That sucked. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home