Sunday, March 04, 2007

Who's 'We'?

Last night Ninja, Lurch and I wanted to hang out together. Correction: Lurch wanted to hang out with Ninja, and I was the catalyst. Ninja, on the other hand, wanted to hang out, and she didn't much care with whom.

She called me up and we chatted about things we could do. Eventually, we decided that going to Seattle and listening to live Jazz would be a great activity. I found one thing that looked interesting, but decided to call up Musician and ask him if he knew of anything else. I gave him a call, but not surprisingly (considering it was Saturday night) he didn't answer.

Today at church he apologized for not returning my call, since he didn't get the message until 11, and couldn't think of anything we'd want to do at that hour. I told him not to worry about it, as we found something else to do. He asked what and I said that we ended up at Ninja's friend's place watching a movie. (It's interesting to note here that his and my second 'date' was the same activity at the same location. Nice...) Because I am who I am, and I still like the stupid boy I was careful to not say names during the course of the conversation—hoping that he'd get curious enough to have it pique his interest, but not curious enough to ask. It turns out we're good enough friends that he had no problem asking. "Who's 'we'?" he asked, with a hopeful (for me) half-smile on his face. "Oh," I replied, rattling off some names. He kept waiting for the "...and some random boy..." but that wasn't forthcoming. I smiled at the pause as he waited expectantly, "I'd love to say 'and some cute boy,' but there wasn't one." "Well," he replied, "Lurch and LittleBrother." "Yeah, like I said..."

I guess I'm glad that a part of him still cares enough to, well, care. I just wish he cared more.

After church I was chatting with him some more and asked how Nurse is doing. "I don't know. I haven't really seen her." I instantly felt bad for him and was about to apologize generally for the whole situation, then he said, "I saw her Friday night, and she was good, but yesterday I was too busy. So, I guess she's doing well."

Frankly, I don't know what that was supposed to be about. I wonder if he was just testing the waters, but I'm really not sure. Blargh! I wish I didn't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home