Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fine Arts Event

The Institute of Religion had a fine arts evening tonight. I was asked to participate by taking some paintings. After a lot of effort I managed to get some pieces in my car and over to the stake center. The set up took some time, but I was sure that it would be worth it. After I finished set up I went to the Chapel where everyone was gathered. They asked those of us who had brought something to stand up and tell everyone what we brought. I took my turn and announced what I brought.

Then, we went to the Cultural Hall. Many people gathered around and admired my art work, and asked a bunch of questions. It was quite fun. At one point someone asked if I sold my art work and I said, yes, a little bit, if people want to buy them, I'll sell 'em. In honesty, I had one piece commissioned, but ended up giving it to her, rather than charging her. It kind of sounded like they were interested in potentially buying something.

Afterwards the Bishop and his wife asked me if they had heard me correctly when I said I would sell some my art. I told them "yes." Then Sister Bishop asked me about one of the pieces I brought, "Would you sell that one?" No! I said, laughing. Not that one, I'm too attached to it. But, if the price was right I'd sell the others. The way they said it, it almost seemed as if the they were interested in actually buying it. Frankly, I can't blame them, it's really a cool piece. grin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home