Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Because, Apparently, I Like Torture

I needed to borrow a mitre saw, so I asked Musician, who is renovating his house, if he had one I could borrow. He said yes, but I had to use it at his place. No worries, where would I use it at mine? After a series of disconnects we decided that I would go over to his place tonight and use it. Then, as always happens, I remembered I was feeding the Elders tonight. I told him and he suggested I bring take-out and the missionaries and meld the two. I object to take-out, so I decided to cook, take it over there, and feed the elders, and him. It worked out that Nurse was going to be there too. (I think because she doesn't trust me. I don't blame her.)

Oh, how fun! I'm cooking dinner for the Elders, the guy I like, and the woman he's dating. I can think of nothing less pleasant.

I cooked this dinner that I made up last night. I call it (in case you missed it): Mushroom Asparagus Deliciousness, and, it was.

Aside from the standard, "This is really good, Granola," compliments my favorite one was from Musician, "This is a great blend of different spices. I like it." Later we were discussing the fat content to the dressing I brought. Musician said to Nurse (as she was the one who brought it up) "that's probably the only fat in the whole meal." I agreed, and when I got home tonight I checked. That was pretty much true.

I think people are really impressed and surprised when someone can cook a meal without meat and have it be good and satiating.

Before I decided to add the mushrooms I was talking to my brother about it. "The meal is missing something." I complained.

His solution? "Yeah, a 6 oz steak." Thanks.

Oh, and I got all the wood I took with me cut. Tragically, I didn't buy enough, so I'll have to get some more and go hang out with Musician and Nurse again some other night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home