Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

Nanny has decided she doesn't like me. I think I mentioned this before, but can't find the post, so I thought I'd just mention it again, just in case. I haven't been able to figure out why and it's positively lame. Sweetheart says that Nanny said that she "feels awkward around [me]." I'm not sure what that's all about but whatever.

I decided months ago (like, January) that I wouldn't let it affect my friendships with people in the ward (but, it has), and I would be the bigger person and not be petty about anything, nor would I say mean, spitefull, things about her/the situation. I also decided I wouldn't point things out, nor would I lie.

Nanny, apparently, made no such claims.

Sunday after church a friend was leaving and stopped to say, "See you tonight."

I asked him what he was talking about and he said, "Games, over at Nanny's."

"Oh. No." I replied, "I won't be there."

"Why not?" He teased, "you too good for us these days?"

"Nope," I replied, having just about gotten to the point where I'm tired of this crap, "I wasn't invited, so I won't be there."

"Oh," he said, and we wrapped up the conversation.

That afternoon Lurch asked, "Anything going on this evening?"

"Nothing we're invited to." I replied, perhaps a tinge of bitterness in my voice.

"Seriously? That's ridiculous! I'm going to inviter her over to our place for game night tonight and see what she says."

Later that night I got a text from him, it was a forward of her reply to his invitiation, which reads: "Thanks, but can't my friends in town and we'll all catching up." (Yes, the grammatical monstrosity is her own.)

Neither of us could believe that she out-and-out lied. Does she really think we're that dumb? Apparently.

Lurch was pissed, and declared his intentions to confront her Monday night at FHE.

Fast forward to Monday night.

No Nanny in sight.

The friend who has asked if I was planning on going noticed her absence asked me where Nanny and Sweetheart were. I had no idea and replied as such. Afterwards, a few of us went to dinner at the usual spot.

"So, why weren't you there last night?" he asked.

"We weren't invited, so we didn't go."

"What?" he replied, "I ask her where you guys were and she said she invited you, but that you couldn't make it."

For me that was the last straw. Now I was pissed. More than pissed, livid. I can handle a lot of stuff, but lying about you actions so that you don't look like a prick? No.

"That's bull shit." I replied. "She didn't invite us. We couldn't have been more un-invited if she had called us up and said, 'By the way, I'm having a party and you're not invited.'" Some discussion ensued between the two guys who were invited and if they had asked her about our local and her response. In the end, they agreed that she had responded that she had invited us.

"No." I said again, "That's bull shit. We weren't invited, and it's getting retarded." Then Lurch and I informed the other two how this has been going on for sometime, and it's pathetic. We noted that Lurch doesn't get invited to things because Nanny has decided that, for whatever reason, she doesn't like me. We also pointed out that it's hurting Sweetheart, but Nanny doesn't seem to really care.

Both boys were taken back. I'm guessing this is the first they've heard of it.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of being the bigger person. I'm done. She wants to not invite me to her little parties, fine. But she shouldn't lie and say that she invited me when she didn't. So not cool.

Unfortunatly, I think things have just moved to the public arena. I was hoping to avoid that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home