Friday, April 06, 2007

Darnest Things, In Deed

My niece and nephew think they're twins. I can't see why, either. Their mother's lived together for the first two or three years of their lives, and the kids are 3 months apart. Yeah... no reason at all for them to think they're twins.

In fact (as an amusing side note) I used to joke with myself that my sisters who look nothing alike, but (obviously) share the same last name were going to have some 'splaining to do when the kids hit kindergarten.

To self, mimicking a child "Teacher, why do Niece and Nephew have two mommies?"

Teacher: "Well, some kids have a mommy and a daddy, and some kids have just a mommy, and some kids have two daddies, even. Niece and Nephew happen to have two mommies."

Ahh, the delight my twister mind gets from that still. BUT, that wasn't the point of this post.

My sisters no longer live together. But, they live blocks apart.

My older sister, Sissy, was at our oldest sister's, Sissi, house. Nephew, who is Sissi's son, was harassing her. After a bit my 4 year-old precocious neice could take it no longer. "Nephew," she bossed, "Quit 'taganizing your mommy."

If'n I ever have kids I want them to all be that precocious!

1 Comments:

Blogger Josefina said...

Btw Granola, Sissy and Sissi had Niece & Nephew at the PARK not at a house. LOL. but close on the story :P~~~

April 23, 2007 2:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home