Thursday, June 21, 2007

Grounded

I have been spending more time in the doctors' offices than I'd like this past month. I injured my ankle last month in the coolest fashion possible: in my sleep. That's right, folks, I woke up one morning with a stiff ankle that I could hardly move. I thought I sprained it, so I waited a week then made my way to the doctor.

X-rays and a CT later we've determined that I have bone spurs (two of them, one of the front and one on the back of my ankle), and a small bone fragment loose in there. Oh fun!

His recommendations:
1. I'm now grounded from hiking and any other high impact sports (bah!) for the next month (at least)
2. I'm supposed to take anti-inflammatories
3. and ice it.

So far, I've done none of the above. I have, however, kept it fairly well elevated. Also, I'm going to go hiking next weekend. I'm a terrible invalid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home