Tuesday, June 12, 2007

InternBill

We have an intern at the office. His name is not 'Bill.' I've been calling him "InternBill" in my head for over a week now. Closer to two.

Last week I said to him, "Hey, InternBill... Whose name is George... Uh, sorry, I call you InternBill in my head." Really, at that point what can you do? I didn't even bother to attempt to back out of that gracefully.

Last week we chatted on line (whilst at work) for the majority of the day. Yes, we got work done too, we just spent way too long talking as well. That evening I was laughing about it to Lurch when I said, "I swear, that boy needs to get laid!"

Lurch paused, then offered me a nugget of infinite wisdom, "Um, maybe that's what he's trying to do."

Oh.

Whoops!

My bad!

I spend so much time in Mormon-dom where people may need to get laid, but that need is not being met. And, I assume that everyone knows that I'm certainly not the "go-to" girl when it comes to that. I guess I just forgot that there is no way that InternBill would know that.

The great news? He kind of hooked up with this other intern over the weekend, so I don't have to worry about coming up with a great way to tell him, "Uh, you don't want to waste your summer fling on me. Sorry."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home