Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Straight Edge

There was a fairly large-ish gathering tonight, and, despite the fact that I normally don't hang out with this group, I decided to go. While there this guy noticed that I was eating a hot dog bun sans hot dog, but with mustard and ketchup. He asked what I was doing, and I explained that I'm vegan. "Are you straight edge?" he asked.

Well, then. No one has ever asked me that. I thought about it for all of zero seconds. "Nope. I think labels are kind of useless, and as it's quickly becoming a growing trend, I really have to reject it. But, I don't eat meat, or drink or smoke, and I don't do drugs, and I don't have sex before marriage. So, there we are."

"Heh," he said, "well, you dress kind of like it. Cool."

He determined that I am, apparently, straight edge (which is kind of silly), then declared, "I originally thought you were 'Molly Mormon,' guess not."

I laughed! "Molly Mormon?! Ha!" I'm many things, but a Molly Mormon, I ain't." He hung around for a bit getting to know me a bit more. I kind of got the feeling that he was a little interested in me, but took it nowhere. Anyway, I think it's funny that I, apparently, look "straight edge" one minute and "Molly Mormon" the next. Odd? Yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home