Thursday, February 14, 2008

Best Friends Forever

I was talking with a buddy of mine on Wednesday. Another friend came over and said, "Hey, Granola. I met your friend 'Little' the other day in Bellevue."

"Little? Does he have a last name?"

Our exchange went back and forth, him telling me slight more each time, hardly enough to figure out who on earth he was talking about. Then he said, "He just said, 'Oh, do you know my good friend Granola Girl?'"

I started feeling terrible. Who do I know who would describe me as a 'good friend'? Then it occurred to me, "Kind of dorking looking?"

"I dunno. I guess."

"Does he have a lizard?"

"Yes."

"Oh!" I exclaimed with triumph, "LittleBrother! I never call him 'Little,' that threw me all off!"

Turns out my work buddy is drinking buddies with LittleBrother's roommate. Small, small world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home