Monday, March 31, 2008

Longevity

Being the senior member on a team apparently means that you know the answer to everything.

Today the woman who was on call had a major problem and didn't know how to solve it, so she asked my cube buddy. When he got stuck he asked me. Naturally, I had a connection who could help out, so I asked him for help.

Then someone else had a problem which needed to be resolved right now. His problem had partially caused the problem that the on call person was dealing with, so it really did need to be taken care of. Unfortunately, I didn't have the answer. So, I had to call another buddy who did, and get him to walk me through the solution so I could update a wiki doc with steps for the other guy.

And, I had to help someone else with something else.

So, by the end of the day stand-up meeting I could officially say: today, I updated a wiki. And, folks, that's one expensive 20 line wiki.

My boss didn't seem too pleased, so I expounded on everything I had done to help people today. Now, when do I get time for my own work? I think I'm going to have to lock myself in a closet, or work from home some evenings to try to get it all done. Not happy about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home