Friday, September 19, 2008

Test Results

After weeks of ignoring the pain in my right foot, and three days of renewed (and totally unwelcome) pain, I decided it was time I got my tail to a doctor.

I also needed follow up blood work from the exams I had earlier this year. Turns out diabetes runs in my family and so I am a little concerned. My first set of blood work came back telling me that, while I'm not diabetic, I am very much at risk. Doctor's orders? Give up rice, potatoes, things containing sugar, and well, yeah, that. He also told me I needed to exercise more. This was January/February-ish.

So, I joined a gym.

But, I didn't give up the rice. Or potatoes.

This morning I got a call from the doctor's office. Test results are back and my blood work looks good. I'm to keep up the exercising, etc. Oh, and he said, "Good job on the weight loss and exercising." Funny, he didn't weigh me. How do they know I lost weight?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home