Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Request

It was late.

We were watching a movie.

He was looking particularly hot.

And inviting.

After minutes of agonizing over possible scenarios, I opted for the most direct and least likely to have an overly negative reaction.

Looking over at him I asked, "Can I snuggle with you?"

"WHAT?!" Bill's voice raised with shock, confusion, and, well, shock. Oh, and more than a hint of what the hell???

"Can I snuggle with you?" I repeated matter of fact-ly.

"Sorry, that would just be weird."

"It's not like I'm going to start making out with you and stick my tongue down your throat. I just want to cuddle."

Not surprisingly, his position didn't change, "Why?" He didn't wait long enough for me to answer, "Do you just want physical contact?"

"Yes," I said, eager to not have to say, "Because I want to have your babies, and this is the next step in getting to that point."

"Uh, well, no. Sorry."

"Ok," I said, turning back to the movie.

Later we were talking about playing games and I said, "I think games are stupid, and people should just say what they want." Clearly referencing my earlier request.

The evening finished uneventfully and normally, including him walking me to my car and the customary good-bye hug.

Today's conversation included my obligatory, "I didn't mean to weird you out, I didn't mean anything by it." And his "It just took me off guard, and I just wanna be friends."

Excellent. Just excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home