Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Define Normal

Sunday found me hanging out with a friend I met through Cyclist (she's a school teacher, so I shall call her Teach). Of all the friends I met through him she has been the most embracing of Bill (not that everyone else has been stand-offish, just that she is the most apt to include him without me just bringing him along to things). She also has the added 'bonus' of being the one person I told about the whole post-Halloween party near kiss. As we were hanging out she asked me, "So, are you and Bill back to being weird?" Where 'weird' here was meant to mean our normal state of non-dating, but nearly.

"Yup," I said. "We had a really good argument, and now things are back to normal."

"Ok. 'Cause at Thanksgiving you two seemed fine. I mean, he was flirting with you like before, as if nothing had happened."

"Yeah, we're good."

She chuckled, "On the ride home after Thanksgiving dinner my husband said to me, 'Granola and Bill. Don't get it."

I laughed, "He's not the only one!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home